The year is 2214, and your computer’s dusty hard drive has just resurfaced at an antique store. Write a note to the curious buyer explaining what he or she will find there.
Dear Curious Buyer,
I’m glad you have decided to look at this antique we call “Hard Drive”. A little bit about me, I’m not a celebrity or a millionaire. My life is no glamorous. I’m just a simple person who likes you, has fears and dreams. In this hard drive you will have my lovely treasures and my precious things.
This is what you will find:
- Family pictures from my childhood, my kids and my grandkids. I do have a lovely family and my grandkids are my heart and soul.
- My favorite music, especially the Latin music. You will dance as the rhythm of the Salsa and have fun.
- My unfinished memoir. I have been trying to finish it. You will get to know about all my fears and how I have been struggling to get to the finish line.
- A few short stories that I wrote when I was just a teenager.
- My personal papers such as my marriage license, birth certificates, resumes, and a few love letters that I keep from my husband.
- One home movie that only last 3 minutes that has my mother on it. That is one of my favorite treasures.
As you can see there’s nothing glamorous, but you’ll know the love of a wife, a mother, and a grandma for her family.
So please, try to enjoy what I left on the hard drive and use it wisely.
NaBloPoMo—National Blog Post Month!